Monday, July 16, 2012

Huh...that's weird.  So, as I progress on this build, the corners I cut are very vibrantly shown to me.  This time it was when trying to put the chain back on the sprockets to run the rear wheel.  As I was fishing the chain up and over the sprocket that comes out of the engine right next to the clutch connection, it was feeling very loose.  Then...off it came, right into my hand.  What the s*$t is this!  So, I had to take this small cover off to be able to see what was going on behind it in this mysterious Bermuda Triangle where parts just fall off in your hands...  Sure enough, that means taking the exhaust off and the foot controls off as well.  When I finally got the cover off I found more mud wasp nests and a wad of crap the size of my fist.  But more interesting is what I did not find...no keeper plate or bolts for the sprocket.  So, I ordered a new one that should arrive shortly.  Goes to show ya, the one place you don't look on your build is where your problems will be hiding...be thorough and take your time.  The end result will benefit.
-Bocaj

No comments:

Post a Comment