Thursday, July 12, 2012

As sometimes happens while being creative, I've changed my mind.  After doing some serious sitting and staring, something just wasn't looking right to me.  So, out comes the grinder.  I removed the chopped rear fender and the new taillight and cut off the rear seat bracket making a nice flat surface to mount a new seat pan.  I also removed the old seat swivel mounts and got rid of the old seat pan which I had been planning on recovering.  So, next I needed to create a new seat pan...This cardboard cut out is the first draft and will eventually be transferred to a sheet of metal and mounted to the frame.  A nice thin pad of some type will complete the look.  After sitting on it with the new seat design I can feel quite an improvement in the comfort of the hand controls.  Just lowering the seating angle a couple inches really helps the comfort of the whole design.  The idea is to get a side mount tail light with a license plate bracket for the right side of the bike and leave the seat nice and simple and clean.  I'm liking this new direction and am glad I made the jump into some more fabrication with it...when sparks are flying you know you're having fun!
I also got both of the carbs rebuilt and installed with their new filters...oooh shiny! 
-Bocaj





No comments:

Post a Comment