Wednesday, July 14, 2010


07/14/10

I finally caved and moved the bike into the garage. The truck takes a back seat for a while and has to spend it's nights outside. I've decided that the engine and electrical systems will stay in the frame as they seem to be in great shape and I don't want to futz with them too much.
I did remove the carbs to take a peak inside. They seem to be fairly clean for what I found in the gas tank, but I will probably rebuild them too as I will most likely need to re-jet them as I plan to run K&N style air filters as opposed to the stock clunkers.
So, the next step is to tear down the rear and get that wheel off. I removed the front and rear foot pegs, rear brake system, chain guard, chain, wheel, swing arm, and the rusty shocks. Hopefully I can breath life back into all of these parts...nothing a little elbow grease can't fix. And how can I fail with my trusty Otis overseeing the process.

ps. If you are wondering, that is a 1963 Bridgestone DT175 in the background...it will be a cafe too some day.

-Bocaj

1 comment:

  1. Damn, the wheel fell off. You should get that checked out. Kidding, of course--it's looking good. Engine looks purty from that angle.

    ReplyDelete